Last month John and Alex headed up to Manchester, for Gofest North at the Etihad sports campus!
Blessed with good weather and a great venue, there were over 30 sports and activities to try in the sunshine.
What was it all about?
Gofest North offered the opportunity for kids of all ages to try a vast range of sports and activities.
Favourites such as Football, Cricket, Hockey, Netball, and the 3 racket-sports featured, with coached sessions being offered throughout the weekend.
But Gofest also went beyond the norm, and offered classes of a variety that can’t be found in one place anywhere else (or at least we think so!).
Some of our favourites included:
– VX (or ‘Rock-It-Ball’), the unique sport that originated in North Yorkshire in 2006.
– Manchester Climbing Centre, who brought an impressive 30ft climbing wall for the weekend!
– Coached sessions of Capoeira, the brazilian combined Dance Martial-Art.
– Rugby sessions run by the Salford Devils, Basketball sessions by Manchester Mystics, as well as Tag American Football intros by EdStart & the Jacksonville Jaguars!
– Family sprints, relays and obstacle course races.
Since the event, John’s been inspired to take up Korfball, the Basketball/Netball hybrid with mixed Male & Female teams; Alex is also thinking about trying Fencing again, having not done it for over ten years prior to GoFest!
In the Manchester area, but missed out on the event?
All sessions were run by local clubs, and you can find out more on the GoFest website (links at the bottom!)
Gofest South – 21/22 July in Guildford!
Gofest are hosting several of their family-friendly sports & activities weekends across the UK this year – with the next one being on the 21st and 22nd of July, at Gofest South in Guildford, Surrey.
Interested? Tickets are still up for grabs over at www.gofest.co.uk, so check it out!
Hopefully John and Alex will remember their suncream for the next one…